If you’ve ever been to a Thermomix demo, you’ve probably been wowed by the sorbet! My favourite comment from a demo so far has to be ‘Oh Caroline….you had me at icing sugar’!
You can also use your Thermomix to make instant soft serve ice cream. Instead of using ice & frozen fruit for a sorbet, a Fruity Dream is made from frozen fruit, so the texture is more creamy. By adding the Butterfly Whisk in the last stage of the recipe, you incorporate air, which produces such a light dessert.
This fruity dream recipe is for the adults, as I’ve found kids don’t really appreciate the basil. It may sound like an odd combination, but trust me, it’s absolutely delicious.
60g raw sugar
600g frozen red grapes (seedless)
handful of basil leaves
1 egg white
1) Place sugar in TM bowl, mill 10 seconds/speed 9.
2) Add frozen fruit, chop 10 seconds/speed 8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl & chop again 10 seconds/speed 8.
3) Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the egg white & chop 10 seconds/speed 8.
4) Insert Butterfly Whisk. Mix 40-60 seconds/speed 4, or until a soft & smooth consistency is reached.
5) Serve immediately or store in the freezer in a container.
You can use any frozen fruits or berries to make your fruity dream!