These muffin balls are fantastic for lunchboxes! They’re also so easy to make, literally just place all ingredients into your Thermomix & mix! I love that they don’t even need to be rolled into balls with your hands. If you use an old fashioned ice cream scoop, you can scoop them straight onto the tray. They also freeze well, so you can add them to a lunchbox straight from the freezer & they’ll be ready to enjoy by recess. My 5yo loves them, which means they passed the fussy eater test!
290g SR flour
280g apple puree
60g brown sugar
30g rice bran oil
10g chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1) Pre heat oven to 170 degrees
2) Place all ingredients into TM bowl, mix 20 seconds/speed 3.5
3) Scrape down the sides of the bowl, mix 10 seconds/speed 3.5
4) Using a small old fashioned ice cream scoop, scoop balls of mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper.
5) Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the balls just start turning brown.
Take care using the ice cream scoop or any steel spoon in your TM bowl, as they could scratch the inside of the bowl. When it’s getting towards the end of the muffin mixture, I scrape the mixture into another bowl, just to prevent scratching. You can also place your TM bowl back & turbo a few times, to release mixture around the blades, so there’s less wastage.
Substitute apple puree for apple/raspberry or apple/strawberry puree for different varieties.
For a healthier option, substitute…..
Brown sugar for Rapadura
Cocoa for Cocao
SR Flour for wholemeal, or gluten free flour
Source: cutoutthecrap.com.au (I modified the recipe for a lighter texture & using ingredients I had in my pantry)