It was my daughter’s 5th birthday yesterday, so I’ve been busy making lots of party food. My kids love honey joys, but I think my Dad loves them even more! As I was making them yesterday, I converted the 1/3 cup & tablespoon measurements from my recipe into grams, so next time I can just weigh the ingredients into my Thermomix bowl. It’s great to have the butter mixture melting at a controlled temperature & not have to keep stirring it. While it’s melting, you can get all the patty pans ready for the next step.
1) Pre heat oven to 150 degrees & line muffin tray with patty pan cases.
2) Place butter, sugar & honey in TM bowl, cook 5 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
3) While the butter mixture is cooking, place a mixing bowl on top of the TM lid, zero the scales & weigh cornflakes into bowl.
4) Pour butter mixture over the cornflakes & mix well.
5) Working quickly, spoon mixture into patty cases. Bake for 10 minutes.
If you prefer, you can add the cornflakes to the TM bowl in steps 3 & 4. Mix the cornflakes for 15 seconds/reverse/speed 2 or until the cornflakes are all coated.
I prefer to mix the cornflakes & butter mixture in a mixing bowl, as you need to use a tablespoon to spoon the mixture into the patty cases & I’d rather not use a tablespoon in my TM bowl, so I don’t scratch it. If you’d rather do everything in the Thermomix & avoid washing another mixing bowl, just take care when spooning out the last of the mixture & be careful not to scratch the base of your TM bowl.