This soup has been a winter favourite of mine for many years. I found this recipe on ‘Forum Thermomix’ not long after I purchased my machine. It was posted by a lady named Chelsea & it’s had over 13,000 views over 4 years! The thing I love most about this soup is the ingredients are things that I usually have in my fridge or pantry all the time. I’ll often decide to make this for lunch at midday & it’s on the table by 12.30pm. It’s also great for entertaining – this is thick, hearty soup & will easily feed 4 adults for lunch, served with some crusty bread.
1 onion, peeled & halved
1 clove garlic
30g olive oil
1 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
700g butternut pumpkin, roughly chopped
100g dried red lentils
1 tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
Natural yoghurt or sour cream, to serve
1) Place onion & garlic in TM bowl, chop 3 seconds/speed 5.
2) Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add oil & cook 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
3) Add curry powder, cook 1 minute/100 degrees/speed 1.
4) Add pumpkin, chop 8 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5) Add lentils, stock concentrate & water. Cook 20 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
6) Blend for 1 minute/speed 9 (gradually moving the dial up to speed 9).
7) Season to taste & serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt or sour cream.