One of the many things I love about my Thermomix is that I can make muffin, biscuit & cake batters in a matter of minutes. This particular recipe takes less than 1 minute. The other bonus is that I’m only cleaning 1 bowl too! I made these muffins one morning last week in a variety of sizes – some to take to a morning play date, some sizes to freeze for Sophie’s kinder snack box & some little ones for Lucy. My 4yo is such a fussy eater & she’s not that interested in food at all. Even if there’s cake, she’ll usually lick off the icing & leave the rest. You can imagine my delight when she actually ate these muffins! They freeze really well, so are great to place frozen into lunch boxes, as they’ll defrost by recess or lunch time. I took a few in a zip lock bag to the shops last week & the girls enjoyed their special snack.
300g plain flour
10g baking powder
220g caster sugar
60g vegetable oil
10g vanilla extract
140g dark chic bits
Icing sugar for dusting
1) Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
2) Add bananas to TM bowl, mash 5 seconds/speed 7.
3) Add remaining ingredients (except for chic bits) & mix 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl & mix again 10 seconds/speed 5.
4) Add choc bits & mix 10 seconds/reverse/speed 4.
5) Divide the mixture into patty cases or muffin moulds.
6) Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Place on a wire rack to cool & dust with icing sugar.