As winter approaches, I’m loving that I can make lots of soups again. This soup requires very little preparation & takes just over 15 minutes to cook. The whole family will love this & it is very satisfying, so can easily be served as a main meal, even for the big eaters! It also freezes really well. This time of year I’ll usually have a few portions in the freezer, for nights when I don’t want to cook or for a quick & easy lunch.
Feel free to add more chicken for a thicker consistency or you can also add an additional can of creamed corn for a sweeter soup. Personally, I love it like this….
1-2 chicken breasts
1 litre cold water
1 tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
2 cans creamed corn
Soy sauce or Tamari
1) Cut chicken into large pieces & place in TM bowl. Add 1 litre cold water (ensuring chicken is covered) & cook 6 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
2) Remove any scum floating on top of the liquid.
3) Shred the chicken/water mixture 10 seconds/speed 6.
4) Add stock concentrate, a splash or soy or tamari & the creamed corn. Mix 15 seconds/speed 3.
5) Cook 8 minutes/100 degrees/ speed 2. Add the egg through the hole in the lid & cook for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
6) Serve topped with spring onions.