One of the best things about this risotto is that the pumpkin is cooked with the rice – it doesn’t need to be roasted in the oven. That means that dinner can be cooked in 20 minutes! I’ve included some ways to bulk up this dish for big eaters in the notes at the end of the recipe.
40g parmesan cheese
40g butter (optional)
20-40g olive oil
250g pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
320g Arborio rice
60g white wine
1 tbsp veg stock concentrate
Salt & pepper to taste
120g frozen peas
handful of spinach leaves
Fresh herbs – parsley, thyme, basil, chopped (optional)
1. Place parmesan in TM bowl. Grate 10 seconds/speed 9. Set aside in thermoserver with spinach & chopped herbs. Wipe out TM bowl with kitchen paper.
2. Add onion to TM bowl. Chop 3 seconds/speed 5. Add butter & oil, cook 3 minutes/120 degrees/speed 1 (MC lid off)
3. Add rice, cook 1 minutes/120 degrees/reverse/speed 1.5 (MC lid off)
4. Insert Butterfly. Add wine & pumpkin, cook 2 minutes/Varoma temperature/reverse/speed 1.5. (MC lid off)
5. Add stock & water. Place TM basket on lid, zero scales & weigh peas. Cook 13 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed 1.5
Leave the TM rice basket on top of the lid. This allows for the risotto to evaporate slightly & will also defrost the peas at the same time!
6. Pour peas into ThermoServer, with the spinach, herbs & parmesan. Then pour the risotto over this & stir gently to combine. Crumble feta on top of risotto & serve.
Risotto will thicken while standing in Thermoserver.
This dish will also be a lovely side dish to a schnitzel for the whole family.