There are a few Thermomix recipes around for Beef Stroganoff, but this is my favourite. It’s very tasty & so easy to make. All you need to do is chop the onion, mushrooms & beef. Everything else just goes in the TM bowl. Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, cauliflower rice or fettuccine. You can cook up to 700g beef for big eaters or a big family. Just increase the amount of water a little in step 4.
1 onion, peeled & quartered
2 cloves garlic
20g butter or olive oil
500g beef rump, cut into strips about 2cm thick
240g Swiss Brown mushrooms, sliced
60g tomato paste
100g white wine
30g vege stock concentrate
40g plain flour
10g dijon mustard
120g sour cream
40g worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp salt
fresh parsley & thyme to garnish
1) Place onion, garlic & bacon into TM bowl, chop 5 seconds/speed 5.
2) Add butter or oil, cook 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
3) Add mushrooms, cook 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed 1.
4) Add all remaining ingredients, except parsley & thyme, cook 25 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/soft speed.
5) Garnish with parsley & thyme. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta.