These granola bars are lunchbox friendly & nut free. Be warned – these are not just for kids – they are yummy! The butter, honey & sugar form a light, sticky caramel!
100g Butter, cubed
90g Brown sugar
80g Pitted dates
200g Rolled oats
20g Poppy seeds
30g Chia seeds
pinch of ground cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees
2) Place butter, honey & sugar in the TM bowl. Melt 4 minutes/Varoma temperature/speed 2.
3) Add dates, chop 4 seconds/speed 5.
4) Add rolled oats, seeds, cinnamon & salt. Mix 10 seconds/speed 3.
5) Line a baking tray (about 20cm x 25cm) with baking paper & press the mixture into the tin.
6) Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Source: In the Mix 2 – Dani Valent
I use disposable food hygiene gloves to press the mixture in to the tin, as the mixture is quite sticky.
The slice will be soft when it comes out of the oven, but will set as it cools.