Steaming chicken breasts in the Varoma is so easy & so is shredding the cooked chicken in your TM bowl. I always have shredded chicken in my freezer, frozen in 100g portions, that I defrost for adding to salads, wraps & sandwiches.
Before Thermomix, I worked for Peter Rowland Catering. PR is famous for his chicken sandwiches. I made some for a party a few years ago (of course they were a massive hit), but I poached the chicken for 30 minutes, plunged the breasts into cold water & then finely chopped the chicken. I then used a generous about of a ridiculously expensive mayonnaise & finally made my sandwiches. If only I had known back then, how do it my Thermomix!
1) Line Varoma tray with a sheet of baking paper. This is not essential, however, doing this makes cleaning your Varoma a breeze.
2) Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into 4 strips & place on Varoma tray.
3) Place 1000g boiling water in TM bowl & place lid & Varoma into position.
4) Cook for 15 minutes/Varoma temperature/speed 3. Check to see chicken is cooked (may require a few more minutes cooking for larger quantities).
5) Remove chicken & cut strips in half.
6) Empty water from TM bowl (no need to wash) & place chicken in the bowl.
7) Mix 5 seconds/reverse/speed 3-4. Repeat until desired consistency is achieved.
Tips for the perfect chicken sandwich:
Use home made mayonnaise made in your TM. It will take 6 minutes to make!
Add some crunch – add chopped celery or pinenuts to the chicken/mayo mixture. You can even add a very light curry with mango!