Need a quick meal for the family or just feeding the kids? This Carbonara is very tasty & best yet, it has no cream, so don’t feel too guilty about enjoying this classic dish!
90g parmesan cheese, cubed
150g bacon, cubed
20g olive oil
1 egg yolk
1200 g boiling water
1) Place parmesan in TM bowl, grate for 10 seconds/speed 9. Set aside.
2) Place shallots in TM bowl & chop 3 seconds/speed 6.
3) Add bacon & oil, cook for 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/speed 1. Transfer to a large bowl or Thermoserver & set aside.
4) Place eggs, egg yolk & 3/4 of the grated cheese in TM bowl. Season with salt & pepper & mix 15 seconds/speed 4. Add egg mixture to the bowl with the bacon. No need to clean TM bowl.
5) Add boiling water & 1/2 teaspoon salt to TM bowl. Place spaghetti through the hole in the lid. Cook for time indicated on pasta package/100 degrees/reverse/speed 1.
6) Drain Spaghetti & add to the bacon – egg mixture & toss to combine. Season to taste, top with left over parmesan & serve.