This dish has lovely Asian flavours & is delicious. Best of all, the meal takes less than 15 minutes to cook, after a little prep time slicing vegetables & chicken.
2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
220g packet Hokkien Noodles
2-3 cups seasonal vegetables (eg; broccolini, snow peas, carrots, baby corn, capsicum)
2-3cm piece of ginger
30g soy sauce
20g vegetable oil
40g oyster sauce
10g peanut or sesame oil
juice & zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp sesame seeds
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1) Soak Hokkien Noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes until separated.
2) Place ginger in TM bowl & chop 2 seconds/speed 7
3) Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add oils, mirin, oyster sauce, sugar, lemon juice & zest to TM bowl. Cook for 3 minutes/Varoma temperature/speed 1
4) Add sliced chicken to TM bowl. Place vegetables in Varoma dish & place into position on TM lid. Cook for 10 minutes/Varoma temperature/reverse/speed 1.
5) Drain Noodles & place in thermo server. Add Chicken & vegetables to thermo server & toss through noodles. Serve topped with sliced spring onions & sesame seeds.
serves 4 (add another packet of noodles for bigger eaters)
Source: TM Recipe Community
3 thoughts on “Sesame Lemon Chicken with Hokkien Noodles”
Can you freeze the lemon chicken or is it better not to?
Hi Tara, it’s absolutely fine to freeze the lemon chicken (I freeze everything)! Just as long as the chicken hasn’t been frozen before. Caz
Great thanks Caz. If the lemon chicken is anywhere as the bolognaise we are in for a treat 😉