Can you imagine making traditional creamy ice cream, with no additives & preservatives? First of all, it’s delicious & so easy to make. Second, home made ice cream is great for kids. Although it’s still a sweet treat, the fact there are no additives will help control their sugary ‘highs’. This recipe is for Vanilla ice cream & I’ve added a few optional ingredients to add to this base.
2 Egg yolks
150g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Ben paste or Vanilla Extract
pinch of salt
1) Place all the ingredients into TM bowl & cook for 5 minutes/80 degrees/speed 4.
If you would like to add variations to traditional vanilla (listed below) add now & mix 10 seconds/speed 5 before proceeding to the next step.
2) Place mixture into a stainless steel bowl, cover with cling wrap & place in the freezer for 8-10 hours (or overnight).
3) Take the ice cream from the freezer, cut into the ice cream & spoon back into TM bowl.
4) Mix for 20 seconds/speed 9 & then for a further 10 seconds/speed 4.
5) Return to the freezer & allow to freeze for 8-10 hours before serving.
Some variations to traditional vanilla ice cream:
Pinch of cinnamon
50g cocoa powder
30g instant coffee
2 cloves & pulverised fruit